You've got time to get ready, get your own list in order, and look at your available fall weekends before it's too late! Pick 3 or 4 activities that you really want to do and focus on those so you can really enjoy your time during this season!
1. Visit the Dallas Arboretum! I'm going this weekend and so excited! Basically a glorified pumpkin patch experience, but so fun to walk around and enjoy the weather!
2. Texas State Fair...womp womp. I put this on the list to remind you that there are a ton of pop-up experiences around Dallas where you can still enjoy some of your fair favorites! I'm hitting Ferris Wheelers this week to soak up some outdoor fair vibes.
3. S'mores. Do I need to say more here? I LOVE s'mores around a campfire, so that needs to happen.
4. Camping Trip! This is a big one that takes a whole weekend, so you definitely have to plan in advance, but fall weather is so perfect for camping and firepits, so if you can make this happen, do it!
5. Visit a Pumpkin Patch! Buy your pumpkins at a patch and support a local business instead of at the grocery store! Some local churches have pumpkin patches, or visit a farm like Shadow Creek Pumpkin Farm, complete with hay rides and fall food faves. I've never been but trying to visit Shadow Creek this year!
6. PSLs! Go ahead and order one today to get yourself in the fall spirit. Actually, order a few for your crew and spend an hour planning your bucket list together!
8. Carve a Pumpkin! I'm terrible at carving pumpkins and think it's gross, but it's SO fun! Grab a group of friends or the whole family and see whose pumpkin turns out the best! Make sure to have some votive candles on-hand to put inside the pumpkin when you're done!
9. Host a Scary Movie Night! I'm such a scary movie wimp, but a classic like Hocus Pocus or Beetlejuice would be great! Invite a few friends over, make some popcorn and hot chocolate, and you're good!
10. Host a Halloween Party! I love hosting BOO BASH and can't wait for this year!
11. Bake a pie! Nope, not a pumpkin pie! Ha! You can bake whatever you want, but apple pie is my favorite, so I try to make at least one during the fall! Serve with vanilla ice cream, of course!
12. Host a Cowboys Tailgate Party! I'm more on the "go team" side of professional sports, but y'all know I do love to host a good party, so why not make it a fun watch party for your team!
13. Plan a Chili Night! I'm already working on this and including it in my meal planning calendar! Of course, chili requires cornbread, so plan accordingly.
14. Visit the Farmers Market! This is always a fun activity, but especially in the fall because it's so nice to be outside while you browse the vendors! Bonus if you make dinner that night with some of your finds!
15. Watch a Movie at Klyde Warren Park! I'm excited about this one and hoping I can make it happen, but wanted to share it so YOU can go enjoy it! They're showing classic movies on a few Saturdays during the fall, so don't miss them!