I didn’t mean to update my entire makeup wardrobe, even though summer is here, but that’s exactly what happened when I went shopping for new foundation last week at Nordstrom. I was browsing the Bobbi Brown counter and telling the counter manager that my skin has been dry due to traveling and not being consistent with my (non-existent) skin care routine. I’ve been haphazardly using skin care from different cosmetics lines, paired with convenient drugstore finds to create my “routine,” which is really more of a collection of mismatched jars and tubes that sit untouched in my bathroom drawers. (I know you do it too, so don’t judge me!)
Mixing cosmetics brands is something that I’ve always done- never committing to wear exclusively one line, I have worn Chanel foundation, Dior eye palettes, Lancome mascara, Clinique eyeliner, and YSL lipstick, and plenty of other assortments in between. While I still plan to continue wearing my favorite products from other lines, after sitting in “the chair” at Bobbi Brown, I was so excited to purchase a complete skincare regimen- 3 easy steps that I know I can use consistently. It’s important to note that this isn’t a sponsored post (I wish it was- skin care is $$$!), but I am genuinely excited about my new face! I wanted to share my new products with you because I do get a lot of questions about what makeup I wear, so now you know (although it’s true that good genes (Thanks, Ma!) are mostly responsible for my “good skin”)
I know you can go online and read product reviews and information about cosmetics and skin care, and I have linked everything here so you can, but I want to give you some info about a couple of these products that you won’t find online and my reasoning behind buying two different foundations:
1. Extra Repair Moisturizer - I don't need to tell you why it's important to moisturize, but this moisturizer is great for dry skin and is super lightweight so you can't even feel it, which is why I love it.
2. Extra Repair Serum - This serum is so silky smooth and is the highest dosage of anti-wrinkle and moisturizer possible. Highest dosage... Sold.
3. Skin Foundation Stick (in sand) - This foundation originally applied as part of my under eye conceleaer treatment, but I love that it's actually foundation that I can just rub on and then blend with my fingers in a pinch. I'm planning to keep this with me on-the-go in case of post-gym makeup emergencies, etc.
4. Concealer Brush - I'm a huge fan of Bobbi brushes because they come with a 10 year warranty, so I had to add this one to my collection.
5. Color Corrector (in extra light bisque) - This corrector brightens and neutralizes dark circles, giving you an even color foundation to work with! I know I need to get more sleep, but this will help for now!
6. Skin Moisture Compact Foundation (in sand) - I have never had a compact cream foundation formula and was resistant to try it, but I love the coverage and radiance this gives without being heavy.
7. Hydrating Face Tonic - Restores and balances skin after cleansing and for all of you cheaters out there, can even be used to remove makeup!
BONUS: Bobbi is in "gift with purchase" right now, so you get some freebies with your purchase!