LET'S TALK TAKEOUT. Given our current social distancing and shelter in place guidelines, I stocked up on groceries and I'm cooking at home, but I also want to be able to support local Dallas restaurants who are struggling to stay afloat after the government mandate closed their dining rooms. So many restaurants have scrambled to get curbside and delivery procedures in place and I definitely want to support them! Those #quarantinesnacks are calling to me, but I'm trying to maintain healthy eating at home and I'm planning to order takeout once during the week and once on the weekend to mix things up!
Of course we all love Chipotle and Chickfila, but if you're picking up food, I strongly suggest supporting local businesses right now who are staying open to serve you and try to continue paying their employees. This is my personal list of restaurants that I normally eat at, but if you want an exhaustive list check out D Magazine or Dallasites 101; if you want a list of local coffee shops who need your support, check out my friend Sarah's post at Dallas Love List.
SUPPORTEACHOTHER code for $0 UberEats Delivery
- Torchy's: my favorite queso, pickup and delivery (via DoorDash, $0 fee on orders over $15)
- Jose: Park Cities, food and alcohol, selling bevs by the pitcher, pickup and delivery
- Meso Maya: only Lakewood location is open, food and alcohol, closed on Mondays, curbside and third party delivery
- Royal China: Preston Royal, delivery via caviar, they're updating site to reflect sold out menu items
- Bangkok Dee: Walnut Hill/75, got the cashew chicken last week- so good! Pickup or third party delivery
Love that my favorite pizza places in Dallas are open for pickup and delivery! My top pizza post shares more about my top picks!
- Eno's: alcohol available with food, pickup and delivery, get the Pig Smiley pizza duh!
- Cane Rosso: get the Honey Bastard, pickup or delivery with UberEats
- Pizzeria Testa: curbside takout
- Sixty Vines: pickup quarantine kits, call to order, gift cards are buy one get one, 1/2 price bottles of wine
- Pie Tap Pizza Co.: pickup or $5 delivery, $12 pie night on Tuesdays, frose is only $4.50!
- Foxtrot: you know I love Foxtrot! Get their Ginger Buddha Bowl. They deliver via their app! Plus they're donating 10% to North Texas Food Bank! Coffee, food, snacks, random supplies and gifts.
- Orginal ChopShop: use code CHOPCARES for free delivery on $20+ orders, all locations open
- The Rustic: $15 gift card included with every entree purchase, pickup or delivery with Favor
- HG SPLY CO.: Love HG and they're doing very cool things and providing meals to people in need! Call to order
- HERO: good eats and drinks, curbside pickup and in-house delivery, call to order
- Liberty Burger: love these sweet potato fries, pickup and third party $0 delivery.
- Village Burger Bar: Inwood & Uptown locations open, closed on Mondays, $5.99 burger/salad specials, bottle of wine $15, UberEats offer: $8 off your $30+ order plus free delivery, free burger with purchase of $25 of gift cards.