These crumbles are the perfect dessert for a summer date night! These have become my go-to easy dessert and I'm embarrassed to tell you that last week I made them twice in one DAY! This is a recipe for two crumbles, BUT they're generous portions so if you wanted to make mini crumbles, you could easily make four (I did this!) and they were still a great little dessert, especially when topped with some homemade vanilla ice cream!
You can totally use fresh OR frozen berries for this recipe...I used frozen mixed berries because that's what I had on-hand! Use whatever you have and you can definitely adjust the recipe to be just raspberry or blueberry, etc. Anything works!
Start by making the berry mixture and set that aside, then focus on the crumble mixture.
First things first, we bake some of the crumble mixture in the base of the ramekins to form a crust. Y'all, the crumble mixture is so good!
Then we add the berry mixture and crumble topping and bake! Then it's done. Boom. So easyyy!
Again, these are generous servings and could easily be separated into 4 ramekins for a group or just for smaller portions. You can also pre-make the crumble topping and save for later!
Of course, you can't have warm berry crumble without ice cream. Who even does that?!? Actually I ate my first scoop of ice cream then had to add more...that's how much crumble there is- you need at least two scoops of ice cream, so prepare accordingly.
Gahhhhh this crumble was so good. I don't think it could really be easier than this recipe, but it comes together so nicely and looks beautiful and tastes amazing, so it's a huge win! Please please do yourself a favor and make these!
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen berries (I used frozen! Make sure they are thawed if you use frozen!)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (melted! not softened!)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- First, prepare the berry mixture. Add sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice to berries in a bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine dry crumble ingredients. Add butter and stir until evenly coated.
- Bake the crust! In the bottom of your ramekins, you'll create a crust using the crumble mixture. Press about 1 cup of crumble mixture into each ramekin. Then bake the crust for 5-7 minutes before adding the berry filling.
- Add your berry filling on top of the baked crust. Sprinkle the crumble mixture on top of the berry mixture and bake for 10-12 minutes. The berry filling should be bubbly and the crumble topping should be golden-brown.
- Enjoy! Add ice cream (duh!) and get ready for endless praise of your baking skills!