I am so excited and flattered to be nominated by Lauren, of Stay at Home Wifey, for the Liebster Award- a recognition passed on by bloggers to highlight outstanding new players in the blogosphere. As I looked at the blogger who nominated Lauren, and the blogger before her, I saw that I had been nominated previously by Jen at Paper Beauty (amazing DIYs) and didn't even know it. Double excitement. So the deal is that I have to answer these questions, then pass the award along to a new set of bloggers who have less than 200 followers. This is a fun way to discover some new blogs.
1. What made you start blogging? I started blogging in 2013 after finally working up enough courage to overcome the initial excuses of "I don't know photoshop, don't have a nice camera, don't have a name, etc." and I'm so glad I did! Friends encouraged me to start one, so I finally decided to do it and stayed up all night putting it together and setting up my domain. Best decision.
2. Who is your favorite blogger? There are so many different genres of blogs, but one of my daily reads is Cupcakes & Cashmere - I love Emily Schuman's style & aesthetic.
3. What is one word that you would use to describe yourself? "Direct" I don't beat around the bush ;)
4. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Definitely a night owl (as evidenced by me pulling an all-nighter to get my blog set up and many more after that, too)
5. What is on your bucket list? Too many things to list, but starting a blog was one of them! A couple more things I'm working on this year are: seeing more live music and traveling to new places. Those sound extremely generic, but I have had the best time this year at the concerts I've gone to and have made some great new relationships that I wouldn't have made otherwise!
6. Are you a cat or a dog person? Dog.
7. What is the last film you saw? Divergent! I saw it last week with friends and really enjoyed it- even the guys liked the movie.
8. What is the farthest place you have ever travelled? I live in Dallas, so the farthest geographically would probably be my visit to Prague, Czech Republic, while I was living in Spain. The farthest place, as in the "most different from my lifestyle" would be to the slums in El Salvador…eye-opening to see how people in poverty really live day to day.
9. What's the best advice you have ever received? "BE NICE"… That's not profound or anything new, but it makes a difference. Also, anything my mom has ever said to me has been great advice ;)
10. You can take three beauty products with you to a deserted island. What would you take? This is such a blogger question… sunscreen, lip gloss, mascara.
11. What is your dream job? If I knew the answer to that, I would have my life completely figured out! I'm not sure yet, but, currently, I really want to start working with small businesses to promote their brand by hosting workshops or awareness events on their behalf, á la Bri of designlovefest.
A few new blogs to check out that I would like to nominate for the Liebster Award (some were hard to tell if they have less than 200 followers, but I like their blogs anyway…)
Teckie at Werner Beauty
Andrea at Andrea Everyday
Corinne at The Life Scout
Bailey at aka Bailey
Adri at Adri Lately